Friday, June 13, 2014

Flashback Friday the 13th

I can't say it's been a horrible day even though it's Friday the 13th. But the way Alexander's tantrums are going and Christian's lack of flexibility for well, anything has played out today, it does make sense that it's Friday the 13th. 

I've even had two sales in two days! That doesn't sound like bad luck, does it? It's just been so difficult trying to work on the business end of things (whether it's have a FB Chat with the customer, or enter in the shipping information for the order that was shipped out, etc etc) when World War III is occurring just a few feet away. 

And yes, Alexander is most stubborn with nap-time. Then when he's so tired that his tantrums are in a new level of Armageddon, you know it's bad when Mom picks him up without bothering to put on pants (Mom's pants) and takes him out of the car and goes for a drive just to get him to go to sleep. Yes, I had a shirt on, but only underwear below the waste. I didn't care. Between the heat and the patience that was long gone, it wasn't going to be an issue. I made Christian come with me so he could jump out and get the mail. I could tell he wasn't comfortable that Mom wasn't wearing pants, but at least he's not a teenager yet and at least we didn't see a crowd of his friends or something. Plus, we're moving. I don't care. But yeah, I'll pull the same crap in the new locale.

When it's over 100 degrees, pants are overrated. I know such a statement seems weird when my previous post was venting about people that dress sloppy in public. Hey, I never said I'd go into public without pants. I do have limits. 

Mikelle can't complain about the lack of pants right now. She's still up at camp. Last night her leader posted these two pictures (right). 
Yes, on the top one, that is MY child hiding behind Brooke's head. And I can tell she's not smiling. She's taller than everyone there too. I knew she was tall, but these pictures really emphasize it.

Another bit of good luck is Chris came home early. That's a rarity. So like I said, not really a horrible day, but enough stress to put me into cuckoo mode. 

As for Flashback Friday, here is Chris and I in Durango, Colorado in June 2006. I opted for the kissing pose because my weight loss wasn't completed yet, and why waste all that money on a fun photo if you're going to hate how you look?  

Speaking of being embarrassed, that studio is right along the street in the fun old downtown area of Durango. My mom was there on the trip with us and walked by and saw us through the window having that photo shoot. She wasn't amused. Sometimes I wish she can just let loose and have fun. C'mon, it's vacation!

Anyway, a friend put this on her blog today. I thought it would be fun on a Friday, so I answered them as well and figured I post it. 

I think it's called ABCs of Me:

A - Age: Irrelevant

B - Bed size: King...only way to go!

C - Chore You Hate: folding and putting away laundry, loading dishwasher

D - Dog's names: Simon, Lucy (aka: idiots)

E - Essential start your day item: Yogurt with Granola

F - Favorite color: For furniture, Red ...........In General: Prussian Blue

G - Gold or Silver: Mostly Silver

H - Height: 5'9-10"

I - Instruments you play(ed): Piano. I would love to take that up again and even learn Moonlight Sonata.

J - Job title(s): Artist, Queen, Teacher

K - Kid(s): Mikelle almost 14, Christian 10, Alexander 3 1/2

L - Living arrangements: With husband and kids in cramped house. Going to another cramped house. THEN when new house is built, we'll have S..P..A..C..E!

M - Mom's name: Julie

N - Nicknames: Chris calls me 'Jillzerz' sometimes

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth:  Um...I'll share these 2 - Emergency surgery Gall Bladder removal January 1998 (2-3 days),
Hyperemesis gravidarum January 2000 (5 days). Doc thought that would be a 24-hr stay to get back on track and re-hydrated, but I was in worse shape than they thought. Turned into 5 days.

P - Pet Peeve: Incompetent people, Chronically late people

Q - Quote from a movie: "Right now your low self-esteem is common sense!"

R - Right or left handed: Right

S - Siblings: 2 sisters and 1 brother

T - Time you wake up: Ugh...next question

U- Underwear: I wear it..and see above! lol

V - Vegetable you dislike: Most of them. I'm like a little kid with vegetables.

W - Ways you run late: I don't run late that often, but when I do, it's usually because of an unforeseen complication (blow-out diaper, can't find keys, etc)

X - X-rays you've had: Teeth (they're a disaster), Back, Arm (broken when I was 9)....I'm sure there's others.

Y - Yummy food you make: Breakfast food like waffles, french toast, and I like making chocolate chip cookies.

Z - Zoo favorite: Orangutans, exotic birdies  



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment