Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I am the (Four) Walruses.

Mikelle: "Mom! Look! I drew the Beatles. And they're all wearing Walrus suits."

I cracked up. The picture was too funny. I was proud of her sense of humor, ability, and "cultured" knowledge of music.

But then Chris had to go ruin the moment
by going, "there was only one walrus." Really, Chris? You're going to go there after she does something creative like that based on music that wasn't featured on Nick or Disney? Really? It's not Justin (puke) Bieber or Miley (gag me) Cyrus or all the other stuff that mocks real music and makes us crazy and you have to correct her knowledge of The Walrus being singular? Really?

Mikelle followed with this Yellow Submarine sketch. (Sorry, no yellow whiteboard marker available....)

Then she asked, "What other songs did they do while drunk?"

Me: "Go get in the shower."

And while we're on the subject of animals and marine life, the winds of change are upon us in the method that AleXander is eating. Let's just say his T-shirt is a pretty good clue as to why he's going to strict bottle feeding now. That's okay, I was only planning to nurse until he was 6 months anyway!

Oh, and speaking of "THE walrus" my Watching the Wheels by John Lennon just vanished off my Playlist. Grrrrr................

No comments:

Post a Comment