Sunday, June 21, 2009

What you get when you combine a digital camera, gadget-crazy 5yo boy,

...a distracted Mom, and little boy boredom?

I don't know if this was early in the morning and I was asleep, or late at night and I was vegging in front of a DVD or on the computer.

Well, let me back up. Christian and I used the timer a lot on the camera on this trip, so we could take pictures of the two of us together, since it was just the two of us kicking back on this little vacation.

WELL...using the timer had a double-edged sword effect. Christian became introduced to another function on that cool gadget with the flash! If you are even the slightest bit familiar with this child, you'll have some idea what such an introduction means and the risk it involves. Before this trip was even a reality, the camera already fascinated him. He was enamored by being able to take a picture and then immediately look in the little window to see what the picture looked like (I wonder what he would have done in the olden days without such instantaneous modern technology!) Around the house, we'd have to be diligent to put it away, or else it got tampered with. In situations where the camera was left more accessible, we would later often find random pictures of weird things around the house on it (picture of a computer screen with NickJr.com on it, picture of the cieling fan, picture of a crooked door angle and maybe the dog in the background out of focus, etc etc).


But THIS is what I found between our day at "Papa's Beach" and our fun outing to the Yaquina Lighthouse on Monday 6/15. Remember, his familiarity with the timer was something new.


He did very well to capture his eyes. Those are his Dad's eyes, you know.

Christian's attempt at Still-Life Photography?

Well, I couldn't have been on the computer or watching a movie when this one was taken, because it was taken in his Papa's and Grandma Georgia's den where the said computer, TV and DVD player is. Therefore, I conclude that this little exploratory photo session occurred last Monday morning and I was still asleep.

Not bad at centering and capturing his nostrils, if I do say so myself.



Possibly experimenting with something more artsy? Maybe he'll be a film-maker and explore the Blair Witch Project genre or something. Hey, with this kid, anything is possible!
(
I'm not sure if this was taken right-side up or upside down. It came out sideways so I'm not sure what the right orientation is. )
There were also some obscure room and furniture pictures. Therefore, Papa and Georgia, if you need pictures of your den sofa and recliner, I have some. You know, in case you want to do a scrapbook called, "Our Furniture Through the Years" or something.

2 comments:

  1. A very creative boy...LOVE IT

    I often get obsure pictures on my camera too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm yeah, just wait til he's older, the things he will take pictures of them won't be so G rated.

    My 9 year old son took a picture of his rectum. When I asked him WHY???? He said "I wondered what it looked like and "Twin brother" wouldn't let me see his"

    UGH boys....

    ReplyDelete