Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Seven Things (Part 2)



Before I complete the Seven Things list, here are some of my January artworks. One is a custom commission, and the other two are my own projects that are always available in prints.

This one is titled "Our Smiles Should Touch Now". In exploring the more romantic themes, I wanted to capture a simple moment of a kiss, but in a more meaningful and even ethereal manner. I do not want that moment to have the trite "infatuated" feel. 



Our Smiles Should Touch Now

I have two more romantic themed works in mind. The one I'm working on now is frustrating me greatly, but I am staying with it.
 
This one below is titled "The Earth Without Art is Just 'Eh' " I started this in August and then had to set it aside due to a lot of custom commissions. I finally pulled it out and finished it.
"The Earth Without Art is Just 'Eh' "

"The Earth Without Art is just 'Eh' " in Progress
This one below is a custom commission. He gave me a list of the luxury cars he wanted included. It was quite a challenging project, but also very enjoyable.


I also completed an order for "Be Mine" Blocks and have another order I'm working on right now. This is the one I sent off just last week.

I
I made these LOVE blocks last year (left) and ended up selling them. I miss them and want to make a set just for us (and keep it...lol). 
I hope I get the motivation to do so. The hard part there is the Pinewood Derby is this weekend and last night Christian told me how he wants his car embellished. He and Chris worked on the shaping and sanding last night. Now, it's the stage where I come in. Sure, Christian will be doing a lot of the work, but let's just say I'll be very much involved. 

 

 

Back to 7 Things...

Continuing from my previous entry, here is the rest of 7 Things.

7 Adventures I Want To Have Before I Die
Climb Kilamanjaro in Tanzania
Move to and LIVE in Oregon (anywhere from the I-5 area to the coast)
Visit Argentina then take a cruise ship from the tip of Argentina to Antarctica
Visit the old castles of Bavaria and other parts of Germany
Visit the Netherlands where my great-grandparents are from
Visit the East Coast 
On that note, go to Boston and then take 'The Cat' or a similar boat up to Maine and Nova Scotia.(and visit Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia)

7 Treats I Could Eat Every Day
Oh gosh...this is a question, I almost don't want to answer because of the demons involved. If calories, common sense, and slower metabolism wasn't a factor, this is what they would be:

  • Cold Cereal. Almost any kind. Especially Kelloggs Chocolate, Golden Grahams, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Ohs!, Trix, and million others.... See a pattern here? The kids hate me because I won't have cereal in the house at all. It's too much of a problem for me.
  • Oreos. Nuff' said.
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies (especially the Coconut Chocolate Chip from Paradise Bakery....)
  • Bosa Donuts It's a local Donut chain here and O...M...G... This includes their Buttermilk Bars. OMG... And my family is no help. Just Saturday morning, we helped clean the church and I jogged home (about 2 miles). Chris and the kids come home about an hour later with a box from Bosa Donuts!  No wonder these last 10 pounds aren't going anywhere...
  • Chex Mix: Especially Muddy Buddies and Turtle
I know I need to list two more, but technically I've mentioned way more than seven!

7 People I'd Be Lost Without
Does Our Father in Heaven and Jesus count? Well, I say they do. That's 2 so far.  
My husband and kids. That's 5 more...
That leaves one more. I'll just let that sit. I think I included the ones that are most important.

7 Places I Want to Visit
I pretty much covered that in my "Adventures" list above. Then again, other places that didn't get mentioned - or not specifically - are:
  • Going back to British Columbia (the three times I've already been there aren't enough). I wouldn't mind living there either!
  • New York City. I also want to visit the Lake George area where my Great-grandfather (4 Greats) John Tanner lived. He owned practically the whole area before he sold it off and moved to Kirtland, Ohio.
  • Machu Picchu/The Andes
  • Vermont (and I know it would be hard to leave...I wouldn't mind living there either)
  • Crater Lake in Oregon. I've been to Oregon numerous times, but haven't made it to Crater Lake yet.
  • San Francisco. I've never really been there. I've flown into Oakland and San Jose, and been nearby to Lake Tahoe and Placerville, but haven't technically been to San Francisco.  
  • Paris and the French Countryside and smaller villages...

So there are the seven things! I know I cheated in some areas, and some of my favorite songs from the previous entry did not get mentioned, due to the "Soundtrack" theme I was keeping. Oh well. I'm sure there will be other entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment