Thursday, October 31, 2013

Too Incredible to Scare

I know, I'm a Halloween FREAK. If I had a lot of money, it would be quite the disaster in how much "Halloween" I would indulge in. Haha.

Okay, so where to begin? The town Trick or Trunk was last Saturday. Or is it called the Trunk or Treat? I never say it right. Who cares. Anyway, it was at that event where we five dawned our family Incredibles costumes. I wanted to take a picture in the front yard before we left, but the sun was so intense, we had to go in the back. The backyard has been torn up by our Lucy (different blog post on a different day) including our sprinkler heads (that's why the grass looks like crap), but we hopefully found a spot to take a picture. 
 
As Violet's Mom said in the movie, "That's my girl!"
Alexander had a mask but wouldn't let us put it on him. Mikelle didn't want to wear her costume, but she had gotten in huge trouble earlier that day for something else, so by this point, she knew she had to chill or she'd lose even more privileges. Therefore, we even received some smiles from her.
At the Town Event with some awesome Jedi Knights, Storm Troopers and Bounty Hunters! This makes me want to go to Comic-Con!
Dash looked thrilled, huh? He was mad that I asked him to wear the mask for one picture. Just one. Boom. Done.

Mikelle was at the event with us, but was helping my friend and Mikelle's former teacher Theresa with carnival stuff. It's a good thing Mikelle had things to do, because afterwards, the four of us (Myself, Mr. Incredible, Dash, and Jack Jack) went to McDonalds because we were being cheapskates and didn't want to buy food at the event. Christian about died. He did NOT want to go to McDonalds in our costumes. 

Sure, people looked at us weird, but it was the Saturday before Halloween. If it was March and Easter weekend and we were all dressed like that, I can see his point. But he's 9 years old and looking at it from that point of view. Me? I just don't care anymore about stupid embarrassing things because even when I'm trying not to do something embarrassing, I manage to anyway. Therefore, I've given up.

The Incredibles in public didn't end there. We realized that we didn't have our usual "Breakfast for Dinner" groceries for the following day that we needed. We needed to go to the store. The four of us went into SuperTarget in our costumes too. Christian again wasn't too thrilled, but we managed through it unscathed. Our friend's Cami and Micah were coming in as we were leaving and gave us a weird look, but they do that anyway! lol  Micah is a Rogers and he's from Eastern Arizona. I know I have to be related to him somewhere along the line. But I digress.

Yesterday (October 30th), Alexander had his Halloween party at Circle Time/Pre-School. He finally let me put on the mask! 
Arriving at Circle Time! Let's Do This!

Allow me to get on my Halloween soapbox again. At least kids X-Man's age can still enjoy the tradition of wearing the costumes to school that most of us had the privilege to experience in our childhood of yore before such joys and traditions were ripped out from under our own children. I'm obviously very passionate about this! lol...Anyone that knows me knows I'm a proponent of education, but I'm also a proponent of Halloween...

I didn't realize when I ran a computer lab at a junior high in Tempe from 1997 to 2000 that I was seeing the last of being at school/work with the kids dressing up at school. By the time I graduated college and started teaching, it was almost all gone. I admit, I didn't see that coming. :-(

And the Pumpkins are DONE! I'd love to keep doing them through the course of the year so I have an inventory (non-custom ones of course) come next September. But the pumpkins at the killer half price deal are only really available starting in September (maybe August) and when they're gone, they're gone. They don't re-stock them until the following year. 


There should be a chalk outline in the shape of me AND a pumpkin!
But that pumpkin there in that picture is all my fault. I could have been pumpkin-free, but when paying Christian's piano teacher for the month I thought I'd ask her if she would deduct the price of a pumpkin from that month's balance if I made her one. She agreed and there you go! 

And one of my pumpkins fell victim to the X-man yesterday. It was a small one and it's okay...I didn't really need that pumpkin anyway. The fact that he is still wearing his Jack Jack costume makes it even more adorable. And they say Imitation is the Sincerest form of flattery, right? But then he took the pen (permanent ink, mind you) to his Jack Jack costume. I guess I won't be re-selling his costume! lol

I received this appreciation photo today (below - with the purple skull) from my friend Nikki. She was the kids' before/after school sitter when I was still teaching. She even took baby Alexander when I went back to work after maternity leave to finish the school year. Nikki actually ended up with two "Metcalf Manor" pumpkins from me. Long story as to why.
Love her candle-holder!

 An Stoney became Ghostly the other night. 
It looked like someone wanted him to become Boney Stoney the night after that. It's weird that one of culprits has a mask on that looks a lot like the one from all our Incredibles Costumes. Weird.
My first November entry will contain more Halloween stuff as Alexander will go Trick or Treating tonight, but that's it for now.  I am a little back-logged on customer orders that were able to wait until after the pumpkin craze. 

It is nice to be able to work on flat surfaces again, but I did love the pumpkins. I will even do the larger size pumpkins next year too!




No comments:

Post a Comment