Friday, May 29, 2009

Last Day of Pre-School (so it's pretty clear that SUMMER is here...)

Mikelle is no longer a third grader and Christian finished Pre-School. :sniff: :sniff:


Between seeing him getting off that bus for the last time (he'll walk to school next year, as pre-school was at a district campus a little further away) and how cute those little pre-schoolers were with their teacher in their little group, I'm having a hard time with this. I also made the mistake of going through some older pictures last night and running into some baby pictures. Of both of them! So yes, I'm going through the "they're growing up too fast" trepidation.


At left, is Christian with Miss Nancy yesterday , his wonderful pre-school teacher(i took him to class since I didn't have a picture with him and his teacher yet). The Little Coyotes pre-school program has been phenomenal. So many kids could benefit from it! He did wonderful and I know he is that much more prepared for kindergarten.

And here he is, getting off the bus for the last time. The driver and the aid said they'll miss him and really enjoyed having him. :sniff: :sniff:


And like any camera obsessed mother, here is one closer up.


And I couldn't let pre-school end without expressing my gratitude to Miss Nancy, so I made this for her. Christian said he gave her a hug when she opened it.

We took the kids to the neighborhood pool the night before. Christian was a little rusty on his swimming skills, but after working with him for a few minutes, he seemed to pick them up again. Still, I'm not ready to say he "knows how to swim", but he is pretty close. But not close enough for me to be absolutely terrified everytime he goes near a swimming pool, mostly because he is (and has always been) a fearless water-kid.

I made the mistake of going through some older pictures yesterday and found this one of Mikelle from just before she started pre-school and was at one of her swimming lessons! I wanted to post it, but the scanner is being dumb. I'll have to do a follow-up post with those snapshots down memory lane.
Added 5/31/09: Here is a LO I did of Mikelle's swimming lessons from Summer 2004! :sniff: Look how adorable and little she is!




3 comments:

  1. It goes so quickly, doesn't it?! :) They are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kids are soooo cute! I can't believe this year went so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am leaving a comment---------------- Wow, I think that picture of Christian getting off the bus is adorable. I can't believe Mikelle is going to be in the 4th grade----CRAZY----I remember when she was like 2 and we were buds and then I married Gary and she started to not like me, it was like I betrayed her or something;) Have a great time in Oregon and we will try to have a great time without you, but I know we will have a blast with Mikelle. Oh and by the way--we called on the prices to go to BEARWORLD and it is insane---$75 a car load. So I don't know what mom is going to do. You might want to prep Mikelle on the chance that we can't go.:( LOVE YOU, give hugs and kisses---------------
    That was me leaving a comment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete