Saturday, May 2, 2009

Adorable Little Birthday House and "Christian-isms"

Mikelle recently made this oil pastel house from her Blackbird Art class, and she gave it to me for my birthday earlier this week. Now I have to decide the perfect place to hang it!

I had to update my blog sooner rather than later, because my last entry was such a downer. But unfortunately, I still feel in that "down" range. With breaking out on my chin and weight gain from the last 18 months or so, I feel like such a "waste of space". And yes, I know what a self-defeating and ridiculous mindset that is. I'm working on it. And still, I'm not forgetting all the good things there are and the good things that are going on. We're also lucky to have our jobs, our house, healthy children, and despite some little hits from these lovely economical times, we really can't complain too much.

To lighten the mood, here are some "Christian-isms" that have been experienced lately. it also seems fitting to put a recent school picture of him to lead into the conversations that have been shared. A Christian-ism is a question he asks for the sake of asking them. Questions asked just in the last 48 Hours:

Q: Why do crickets crick?

Q: Why do you have boobs?

Q: Why do batteries have to recharge?

First of all, I didn't know "crick" was a verb. Who knew? As for the boob question, I handled it just as matter-of-factly as anything else.

I said, so we can use them over and over. Oh wait, that was the battery answer. For the boob question, I said, "because I am a girl. Girls grow up and have boobs."

And he followed up with (and I'm not kidding) "but why are they big things?"
He tried to pat them while asking it, and as usual, I shoo'd his hand away.

I said, "Mommys sometimes have to feed little babies milk, and the boobies are where the milk is, when there is a little baby."

He got distracted with Wow!Wow!Wubzy! (thankfully) after that.

3 comments:

  1. Hahah! I'm feeling you on how you're feeling. So much frustration lately.

    It's been my 8 year old asking wacky questions lately. Like 'did John Dillinger wear a seat belt?' So random, lol! And my fault for taking them to graveyards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, your DS is a hoot! Good comeback though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garon and I just had the same convo about "boobs". He asked me what are those, by patting them and I told that is how I feed Truper. He said "NO, mommy I know that is how Truper eats, I want to know the name of them." I matter of factly told them that they are called "breasts" and he said "Okay" and walked away. Aren't boys so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete