Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mothers Day

For Mothers Day, I don't want presents or flowers or to be taken out for dinner. Sure, all those are nice and all, but what I really want? The house spotless without me having to be a part of it. I also wish that once it is clean, it stays that way longer than 10 minutes.

I know, I'm crabby. I am down to 10 business days left until I'm done with work and despite it being so.close., I am very impatient.

But that's no excuse.I need to be a better Mom. A more patient Mom. A happier Mom.



Shifting to Mothers Day humor...
One of my favorite shows is Home Improvement. The show began when I was in high school and ended just before I became a mother for the first time.


Mikelle, 9 months old.

I'll never forget the Mother Poem from one of the Construction guys on Tool Time:

Who etched this tattoo in her big purple muu muu?
Mother.
Mother.

Who posted my bail - every time without fail?
Mother.
Mother.

And who rushed to the car - with my severed thumb in a jar?
Mother.
Mother.

And who sewed it back on - when the doctor was gone?
Mother. Mother.
Happy Mothers Day, Mom!


And then there's this T-shirt:
Okay, okay, that's a little harsh. But can I wear it when teaching? lol Okay, okay....

And is it horrible that I can totally relate with this exchange?
I feel like even though it's Mothers Day, I don't deserve it. I need to be nicer. I need to be more patient. I know I said that already, but it's still true.

Of course I could go all day with these. Despite my challenges with patience and perfectionism, I love my goofballs and wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment