Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Goofball Boy with Santa


Yesterday, in true tradition at the school, Santa visited. This is the first year it was just our first grader Christian with Santa for the school picture, as Mikelle has moved on to the 5th and 6th grade Middle School.

The tree to the left of him and Santa has ornaments made by the students. Christian says he has one on the tree, but you cannot see it in the shot. You can see so much of Christian's personality in this picture, as you can with many pictures of him.

Below is last year's picture of Mikelle and Christian with Santa. She was in 4th grade and he was in kindergarten. (Click on it to see it with more detail)



Baby Update
Tomorrow marks 38 Weeks. I'm a little sad this little guy didn't want to be in competition with his brother. If he was born yesterday, he would have been born at the same time as Christian. I accidentally wondered if labor started yesterday because of some dull contractions in the back, but they went away. So here we still are. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow. I hope I'm showing *some* signs of this being over soon. She'll induce on the 22nd if he doesn't come on his own before then. I really want him to come on his own before then!

And to add to the fun, at 4:30 this morning, I took a spill over a suitcase and box in my room (suitcase because of wishful thinking to go into labor, and box is a result of "nesting" and obsessive organizing). To protect my belly, my arms and shoulder got so messed up and a scraped knee.
I thought the experience would cause my water to break, but no such luck. Now I'm quite grumpy with the arm/shoulder issues along with the rib pain and back pain that has plagued me for the last 15 weeks or so.

But yesterday's tumble made me think of sharing this link again. If you can't have a sense of humor, then why live? This is the funniest and more random scene in cinema history. It was just a transitional scene to show it was 'morning' and it was a hilarious way to depict it.

PaperBoy from While You Were Sleeping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRR4to6KcOQ

No comments:

Post a Comment