Monday, July 14, 2014

Eight-Legged Metaphors

This was going to be a quick post for two pieces that hold something in common, yet they mean different metaphors. But I doubt it'll be as short as I first envisioned.

Oh well. I'll just dive right into it. I finished my Octopus piece (left). 

I don't know what to call it. 

Under Pressure? Suffocated? Overwhelmed? 

I don't know. Any title ideas will be much appreciated. Send them my way if you have them.

The pressure is manageable, actually. Now that Chris is off for the week as we accomplish more with this move, it should go okay. 

The big stuff (beds, piano, kitchen table, armoires, etc) with the big U-hail truck will be commence this weekend.


The other artwork with the Octopus metaphor is today's Sunday Doodle. If it had a title, it would be something along the lines of Good friends and humor. Essential to life.

Or something like that.

I managed to get through church today without officially crying, though I did get a bit choked up during my talk, as did Chris during his talk. But it was all good. And it was a good hair day and I wore my favorite heels. Hey, any little bit of superficial good luck helps in these otherwise difficult and emotional situations, right?

Hopefully the only Octopuses this week are the ones that are stuck to our faces.  

But even if it's the other ones, that's okay too.

2 comments:

  1. I looked at this multiple times yesterday and never noticed the person's body and arms behind the octopus (though oddly I did notice the hair).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena - lol! I know, it's one of those things that because I didn't use color, it became part of the negative space. Even later when I looked at it - it was missed, and I drew it! Go figure....

      Delete