Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Artistic Side Effects

So...funny story. Remember the piano bench project I mentioned just a few entries ago? Well, I finally finished it. Turns out, the bench is too big for the piano! (too tall) I never thought of the size being an issue. HAHA! Oh well. 

The new piano bench is so nice, and it does technically still fit in the piano. There is just no room for anyone's legs when they're sitting on it.


Despite the size issue, I do like the way it turned out. However, I'm still seeing spots on there that needed more of the blue stain. I don't know if it'll ever be "done" in my book. I think of the I Love Lucy Christmas Tree episode. 

Lucy had Fred and Ricky trim one side of the tree. Then  she didn't like how the other side looked, so they trimmed that. It was a huge stick with no branches by the time it was done! 

If I keep "touching up" this bench, it'll never leave the garage. Life has to go on.


See how it just "fits" so nicely? lol

 
Christian: Mom, it doesn't match. 
Me: I know. If it did, it would be boring.
Friend Theresa: I agree with your Mom. 


Then again, Theresa is inflicted with the same thing as me:



No comments:

Post a Comment