Sunday, April 14, 2013

April Snippets

Guess what arrived in the mail yesterday? Yeah, baby! Now I have two reasons to count down to October. Not just being able to get through another summer, but also...?

Boooo-Yaaaaa!
Like my Leopard Jammy pants? Another Shout Out to Target...
Also yesterday:

Mikelle had purple bunny peeps.
Me: Can I have a peep?
Mikelle: (being stingy....held them away)
Me: Do you know what an episiotomy is?


Chris immediately interjected: OMG! Mikelle, please give your mom a peep. You don't want to hear this!

Moving on....

I think I'm going to write a Children's Book but also geared to adults called "All Mom Wants to Do Is Pee"  

Seriously. 

I have some ideas on how to pursue it. We'll see what pans out. Stay tuned. 

On Friday, Chris e-mailed this cartoon from work along with this message: "I was freezing all night long. When I got up the Thermostat was at 71.  Are you guys trying to kill me?"

 And it's only April. 

I am little worried about what a Taun Taun is supposed to be in the bathroom scenario. 
 

And I apologize in advance for moving onto something more serious after taun taun bathroom euphemisms, inappropriate Mom guilt in an effort to obtain sugary treats and the art of simply being in the bathroom without the house blowing up, but about a week ago I was reminded of something  that is very important to make mention. 

I am grateful for some insight Dick Cavett gave in the past, along with a little help from ABBA. (ABBA, Jill? Really? Yes, really.)

I've never met Dick Cavett in my life, but I feel a connection to him in his words and emotion recalling what he experienced with severe depression. His words from this article and interviews he's done have resonated with me so much. The only thing that comes close to Cavett's words in finally not feeling alone in such a gritty horrible crevice that severe depression is, are the lyrics to "Abba's Cbiquitita" 

During my most horrific episode of severe depression (that made the others look like simple bad moods), this was on in the radio in one of the classrooms - I was in my last semester of college and in my 2nd and 3rd trimester of Christian's pregnancy (late 2003 early 2004). The lyrics stood out to me. I went home and looked them up and found so much comfort  (added below).

And these words of Dick Cavett didn't just help me. It went much more than that! They hit home with so many...as he said in this snippet:  

"Apparently one thing I said on “Larry King” back then hit home hard. It was that when you’re downed by this affliction, if there were a curative magic wand on the table eight feet away, it would be too much trouble to go over and pick it up.

There’s also the conviction that it may have worked for others but it wouldn’t work for you. Your brain is busted and nothing’s going to help. ""



To read the whole article, click here

I know I'm putting myself out there, but once you're in a horrible dark gritty place and then free of it, you don't want to be there again. Therefore, between the comfort I found - of all things an "Abba" song - and a public figure I never met who visited that same disgusting place and how to describe it, I felt compelled to share.  


(Dick, if you ever read this and you're in the Phoenix area, let's have lunch!)

 Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong
You're enchained by your own sorrow
In your eyes there is no hope for tomorrow
How I hate to see you like this
There is no way you can deny it

I can see that you're oh so sad, so quiet

Chiquitita, tell me the truth
I'm a shoulder you can cry on
Your best friend, I'm the one you must rely on
You were always sure of yourself
Now I see you've broken a feather
I hope we can patch it up together

Chiquitita, you and I know
How the heartaches come and they go and the scars they're leaving
You'll be dancing once again and the pain will end
You will have no time for grieving
Chiquitita, you and I cry
But the sun is still in the sky and shining above you
Let me hear you sing once more like you did before
Sing a new song, Chiquitita
Try once more like you did before
Sing a new song, Chiquitita

So the walls came tumbling down
And your love's a blown out candle
All is gone and it seems too hard to handle
Chiquitita, tell me the truth
There is no way you can deny it
I see that you're oh so sad, so quiet

Chiquitita, you and I know
How the heartaches come and they go and the scars they're leaving
You'll be dancing once again and the pain will end
You will have no time for grieving
Chiquitita, you and I cry
But the sun is still in the sky and shining above you
Let me hear you sing once more like you did before
Sing a new song, Chiquitita
Try once more like you did before
Sing a new song, Chiquitita
Try once more like you did before
Sing a new song, Chiquitita



To hear Chiquitita, go here. It's a video, but I linked it for the audio. 

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment