Friday, February 1, 2013

Loopy Deadbeat




I certainly understand why those that abuse drugs and alcohol can ruin the lives of those around them and turn into deadbeats. Well, I understand it in a comical way that only lasted a few hours. Six, maybe? Eight? Maybe it was ten.

I've had dental work done before. I have bad dental genetics. I'm no stranger to Novocain, numb mouths, drilling, fillings, crowns, and in my adulthood, root canals. 

However, for some reason, this week's root canal yielded a crazy side effect - loopy. I don't know if it's because he had to work on the furthest tooth that was hard to access and the Novocain shot had to be more "evasive" or something? I don't know.  What was also weird, is the most loopy period didn't start right away. I left the appointment all numb and still tried to eat a sandwich on the non-numb side, but I wasn't feeling crazy tired and drugged out. 

I should have known though that this was different, because I fell asleep for a few minutes during the procedure.

But it was when I picked up Christian from school that I just wanted to sleeeeeep. I took him straight to his piano lesson and decided not to go home while he was in his lesson. Even though his lesson isn't too far away, the traffic in between home and that neighborhood is horrendous that time of day. I just found a spot to park while he was in his lesson (Alexander was sleeping in his car seat) and thought I would work on a client's custom order that I had in the car with me. Plus, there was sadly a shooting at an office complex in Phoenix and I wanted to listen to the ongoing coverage and developments.

However, I had a hard time concentrating on drawing and next thing I know, I wake up and I'm still sitting up. The radio is talking about something different (still the shooting, but a different part of the coverage that I remember hearing) and 20 minutes had passed. I don't sleep like that. Plus, my mouth was wide open. I was definitely under the influence of something. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that the dentist said I had long nerves - whatever that means.
After picking Christian up from piano and kind of sharing with his teacher my plight (so she wouldn't think I hit the bar with a toddler during Christian's lesson), we go home and thankfully, Alexander wanted a long nap that day. I sacked out on the bed with him.  Poor Christian - I just ignored him and left him to his own devices. I think he did his homework. lol And then Mikelle came home and I think they began the usual bickering. Then my Cub Scout partner texted me about Bears that night and I completely dropped the ball with her. I just sent a drowsy stoned out text that I didn't feel well. I totally left her hanging with the boys that night. 

Later, I tried to start dinner but was interrupted with another "Mom's Taxi" duty. Then Chris called and said he was on his way home and asked me if he should pick up a "Hot and Ready" at Little Ceasars. I said, "But I already started Ice Cream."  Ice Cream? I already started dinner. Clearly I wasn't with it yet. I told him to go ahead and get the pizza and could he please grab me a Vanilla cone in the McDonald's Drive-Thru.  He was quite amused with the "Ice Cream/Dinner" comment. Since he's really squeamish about medical procedures, he was really attentive and sweet as if I just came out of open heart surgery.  Plus, he didn't seem all that surprised that I was having trouble that day. I guess the loopy part is more common in people. It just wasn't common with me.
Chris says this is the truth. No, it's not. But those two do look like Mikelle and Christian.
Now that that's over, it's time for some Friday humor. This picture is by no means connected to my root canal story or the fact that I already posted a giraffe picture.

A New Defintion of "Pool Shark"
And to end on typical adorability look what I found in the toy Box last week:

No comments:

Post a Comment