Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Mama Executive Order

I woke up this morning with Annie's Song by John Denver in my head. It's such a peaceful song. For some reason, it's on my playlist twice.

In a way, it represents the peace that I need to find (you know, that "switch" I referred to in my previous post) that I have a hard time feeling inside.

For Valentines Day last year, Chris gave me a yearly Massage Envy gift card. Every time I went for my monthly massage, I was told I need to relax more. I was even asked the question, "Do you have a hard time relaxing?"

My response: "You have no idea..."

So far I have not heard from the nice lady who took the boys and I home the other day. I am confident it is because she hasn't noticed the stuff in her backseat. I did notify my customer and she seems understanding. However, I feel just sick about it. One thing I can't stand is when someone says they'll do something and then they don't. And when I'm the guilty party, I'm doubly hard on myself. 

Yesterday was a picture day, and Mikelle was upset that I fought her to have a simple side french braid for it. Thanks Mindy for doing that! Man, I wish I could french braid. I've tried, believe me.

Mikelle begged me to let her take it out when she got home, but I had her hold on long enough for a few snapshots. It seemed Alexander shared the feeling of not wanting the paparazzi moment. But I am the mama, and if I want pictures of my beautiful children that I love, devote my time to and nurture, then I'm going to do it.

Plus, I didn't throw up for months and have a list of other pregnancy complications with these three goofballs to NOT take a million pictures and show them off.

You know, it's like a Mama Executive Order



Christian wasn't home when I took these. He was off with Mindy's son somewhere - hopefully not doing any permanent damage to someone or something.

I'll play the Mama Executive Order Card again with the next post. We went to the Chocolate Festival in Glendale today with some friends. And let's just say, there's more fun shots of Mikelle that I cannot wait to post.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment