Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Nephi Get Burrito", "If the Shoe Fits!", First Day of Autumn...

Between Christian's techie know-how, and Mikelle's strange creativity, the kids created a video called "Nephi Get Burrito". They were assigned a stop-motion Book of Mormon video for Family Home Evening (FHE). I guess we should have specified that it had to be true to the story. Still, even with the warped "artistic license" that was taken, I still believe it's a classic.

I originally didn't want to put it on YouTube, because have you ever seen the comments people leave on YouTube? However, I discovered there was a way you can put the video on there and have the settings set to be able to 'approve" comments before they're posted. Perfect. So the see the above video. Click here

"Nephi Get Burrito" is an adaption of Nephi and his brothers going back into Jerusalem to retrieve the Brass Plates from the evil Laban. To see the actual context of the story, click here

Buck Cluck
Mikelle and Christian's unusual and creative adaptation of the story reminds me of the movie "Chicken Little" when at the end, Hollywood wanted to make a movie about everything that had happened. Chicken Little expressed his concern about whether they would stay true to the actual story. Buck Cluck (voiced by Garry Marshall) said, "Oh, son. These people are from Hollywood. The one thing they will never do is mess with a good story...." lol 

(Now I need to watch that movie. One of my favorites!) 


A day or so earlier, Mikelle and Christian created this little gem called "News 8". (It's not on YouTube, just on a Public setting on my Facebook)

News 8 has more of the Dragon character in it that was only barely shown in "Nephi Get Burrito". One thing I would have liked to see from Nephi Get Burrito is a chase scene with the dragon after Laban kept the "precious grapes". 

If the Shoe Fits

I added more Halloween artwork to my Etsy shop. This one is called 'If the Shoe Fits' with a witchy theme. 
And here is a better scan image of the first Halloween Image "All Hallows Eve"


ABOUT

I also created an 'About' page on Etsy! I don't know if that's going to help bring in more traffic and business, but it can't hurt, right? 

It has a nice heading with a little slide show of art examples, along with a nice presentation and background of the art and who I am, blah blah blah.


FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN

Yesterday was the Autumnal Equinox of 2012. And it's going to be 106 today. Thankfully we'll be in double digits next week and I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way. I've started roller blading again, but only in the mornings to take Christian to school. Plus, he needs the exercise on his bike. It's impossible to get that kid to play outside - even when it's descent outside - as he's so in to the computer and other gadgets.

Just ending with this tortuous picture (sigh):


No comments:

Post a Comment