Saturday, January 14, 2012

First New Motif of 2012!

Here is my first motif of 2012! Look familiar? It's very similar the Moon Motif that is in the triptych at Sundust as seen in this entry. Before having the triptych framed back in September, I forgot to scan the image in for the purpose of making prints. Well, instead of worrying about it, I figured it was a perfect opportunity to make a second version of it. It's not exactly like the first one, but it's definitely in the same family. I also made the original larger - about 12 inches in diameter.

Prints are available for various sizes: 8x8, 10x10, and 12x12.

Of all the images I love to draw, the moon images are my favorite, and moons are found all over my motifs. Therefore, it wasn't much of a stress to create another motif that's moon-themed.

I'll probably have this motif framed alone and have it in the gallery's outlet - as it won't be large enough to price it at the dollar amount level for it to be showcased in the regular gallery.

Of course please excuse the copyright backward C's. They won't be present on the original artwork or any prints from it.

Please leave a comment and thanks for looking! If you haven't yet, please go to my Facebook Page: Circle Motifs by Jill Henrichsen and hit the "like" button!

The Sun-Moon-Stars Motif (September 2011), currently available at Sundust Gallery:

No comments:

Post a Comment