Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Break cannot come soon enough. Christian and Mikelle are fortunate to have their break for two weeks, starting next week. But not me. I work next week, but I'm off the following week. Therefore, I do share one week off with them. I just know next week is going to drag on in anticipation for the time off. I am proud of my students. The first project I gave them upon my return turned out very well. It was a "Tree of Life" project based on the 1909 painting by Gustav Klimt (above left). Klimt used a lot of gold leafing in his artwork, so the students were required to use shiny/metallic/"blingy" materials in this mixed media project.

Here are some of the students' results:

And these examples are just the beginning. There are a lot of really good ones and I couldn't upload them all! I am adding more of them to the photobucket that is linked to the class website, however.

Christian's 7th birthday is also next week. I had to have cupcakes for his class yesterday (Thurs) so they can celebrate even though his birthday is during Spring Break. He was actually born on a Wednesday at 10:17am - pretty close to right smack in the middle of Spring Break! Of course, being that he's a Leprechaun (born on March 17th) we kept the tradition of getting him a Green/Irish/St. Patties related T-shirt to wear. Target obliged on Wednesday, as I waited too long to pick up the one I saw at Childrens Place last month. I should have grabbed it then! I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not sure how we're going to celebrate his birthday yet. Wow, I'm really behind this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment