Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Doldrums?

I've been feeling more on the low "blah" side lately. Who knows why this is. Maybe it's because it's going to probably reach 100 tomorrow (hot weather is NEVER is a good thing in my book). Maybe it's job burnout (despite a 4 day Easter weekend last week). Maybe it's feeling overwhelmed with everything - work, home, life. Who knows. I have always felt spread pretty thin teaching 9 grades. And yes, I'll be doing the same thing next year. I'm not dreading it next year, but I do know it's not something I can do forever. Anyway, but I've been feeling every tired and very un-motivated. I'm glad the school year is ending in a month, but at the same time, it means it'll be too hot outside to do much with the free time. Yuck. Don't get me wrong. I'm very satisfied with many aspects in life, and while there are always things that would be nice to change, I'm not complaining. Those items are just on "my list" to change when it can be done, if it can be done.

I'm also sad to be losing some of my 8th graders this year. I couldn't say that last year! Sure, there are some 8th graders this year that I will feel a lot less trepidation once they're gone, but I'll miss more of them, then those that I'll rejoice their departure to the high school phase of their lives.

I think I'm also frustrated that I can't "do it all". There are some many different things (job front, home front, life front) that I want to do, but find that it just can't done, due to the fact that there's only one of me and limited resources.

I'm thinking of that saying: "God put me on this earth to accomplish a number of things. Now I'm so far behind, I'll never die."

2 comments:

  1. As I sit here blogging with a very messy house behind me and tons on my to-do list, I say, AMEN sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true!! After being out West too, I'm so tired of the cold and the so called MN 'Nice'.

    ReplyDelete