Monday, April 16, 2012

Baptism Day Icebergs and 13 Steps to Survive a Rough Day...





Christian was baptized on Saturday April 14th, 2012. It was a nice experience for him. However, I am glad it was over, because this time it was anxiety-ridden for me. I shouldn't go into details, but let's just say this was a time where I needed the support of some family and friends, and that support was not there. It was one thing when someone said they weren't coming (which was blow number one), but then there were those that said they were coming and then later said they were not coming (blow number two). And to even add more insult to injury, I was told certain people were coming and they did not show either (blow number three).   I do not even know why I sent out invitations. 

I don't know why I got two big lasagnas at Costco, when I could have just bought one. It is quite apropos that it occurred on the 100th anniversary of the Titanic disaster. My emotions hit a huge iceberg that day. 

Despite hitting the huge iceberg, I am especially grateful for these lifeboats:
  • The presence of grandparents and our good friends the Crosby's. 
  • The the unusually cool April day in which we got to have his baptism. 60s for a high here in hell? In April? AWESOME
  • I'm also grateful that my friend Sholee allowed me to vent my frustrations late Saturday night on Facebook chat.
And I'm glad the whole thing is over.

In an effort to add humor and move beyond the sadness and anxiety, here are 13 Steps to survive a rough day:

(originally found here, but I changed them up a little since some pictures from the original source were too mean and didn't reflect my feelings)

 Step 1: Print this picture and hang it over your desk or on your refrigerator.


Step 2: Be uplifted by this inspiring corgi cross stitch.


Step 3: Feel pretty. 

Step 4: Imagine you are this penguin.

Step 5: Feel empowered.

Step 6: Remember that these dogs are on your side.

Step 7: And this dog with a goat will fight for you as well.

Step 8: Be happy that you aren't one of these people.



 
(by the way, horsie is okay)

Step 9: Be happy that these are not your taco shells.  

(but they would still be yummy with salsa!)

Step 10: Hey look, Johnny Depp had to iron cheese sandwiches too!

(I would not have minded eating those with Johnny or even being those cheese sandwiches!)

Step 11: Allow yourself to enjoy these pictures of dogs.

Step 12: Look at this cat riding a rooster.

 
 (Yes, I realize the obvious joke that can be made here. However, moving on...)

Step 13: Look at this hedgehog wearing a tiny hat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment