Saturday, March 17, 2012

No "Spell Check" for Frosting

Today is St. Patrick's Day! That of course means it's Christian's 8th birthday! I wanted to post all his birthday pictures, but I will do that in tomorrow's entry because it will take a bit longer. 

For now, I have to share this:

You may not have noticed the first time. Try again.  

Hint: There is no Spell Check feature or Auto Correct feature for frosting. 

Do you see it now?

I didn't notice it right away because I was in a hurry when I picked it up and I just glanced at my son's name to make sure it was correct. 

I was dumb enough to assume "Happy Birthday" would be a given. And you know what they say about assumptions, right?


Anyway, I was back at the car with the box with the cookie cake balanced in one hand/arm and Alexander in the other (and of course being a Saturday, the truck was not parked conveniently close to the location of where the spelling error originated) when I made a mental note to look at the cookie-cake closer.

It was only after Alexander was already buckled in his car-seat when I noticed the spell-fail. In most circumstances, I would have gone back in. However, I was in a hurry. We forgot to pick up the cookie-cake before going to the movie with the group (the "Lorax") and I already had to leave before the movie was over to go pick up the cookie-cake and then run home to get Alexander his bottle because we forgot it (and his sippy cup broke a couple of days ago and we haven't bought a new one yet) and by now, Alexander was pitching a fit. 

Therefore, after seeing the error, but knowing going back inside and waiting who knows how long for them to fix it (plus dealing with a an almost 15 month old that wanted his bottle with a vengeance), I just figured "whatever", started the truck and rushed to the house to retrieve the bottle (and birthday candles, and my phone that I left charging, and...) then back to the party, which was now at Peter Piper Pizza, because the movie was over and by now, Chris had transferred the group (4 boys and Mikelle). 

All that backtracking and running around was NOT working well with these crazy gas prices!

I did post a picture on the bakery's Facebook fan page and I have submitted a picture to CakeWrecks.Com, though I don't know if it'll make it on the webpage.

As of this posting, I haven't heard anything yet on the bakery's Facebook page. However, it's only been a couple of hours and it is still St. Patrick's Day (well, night) and a Saturday night to boot! 

I also don't want anyone to get fired or anything - just a spelling lesson. 

Two, we frequent the local bakery location often for their sandwiches, salads, soups and yes, yummy cookies. Therefore, I don't want them to spit in my food! Their food is worth more than making a huge deal about the error (other than me bringing it to their attention).

Next entry? Cute 7-8 year old boys partying it up at The Lorax and Peter Piper Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment