Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ornaments, Typhoons and Milestones

It looks like the Pumpkins of October have been replaced with the Ornaments for Christmas!  I created these two samples (which will go on our tree...I'll make one for Christian and Mikelle too) and I've already had a great response. What's also nice about these is they don't take as long as the pumpkins, so it's not as big of an undertaking. Though I loved doing the pumpkins and plan to do them every Fall!


Pictured with my hand to give an idea of size.
Pictured with ruler for measurement
I'd love to also create designs on ornament balls like these, but they're a little harder to work with. I'll try a few samples and see how it goes before I list them and make it an available option.
Onto less festive matters. Chris's dad and Georgia are serving a mission in the Philippines. They've only been there a couple of months and have already been impacted by illness, a large earthquake and now the largest Typhoon in recorded history. I wanted to write more about this but technical difficulties earlier prevented that. However, the church newsroom did release a statement that all missionaries are accounted for. Therefore, while we probably won't be hearing from them anytime soon in the aftermath of the storm, we know they're alright.

19 Years Today
This is so surreal to be saying it's now been NINETEEN years, but here we are! I think of the little speech "grandma" gave Steve Martin and Mary Steenburgen's character in the movie Parenthood (the 1989 movie) about the "Rollercoaster" being much more of an adventure than just a predicable Merry-Go-Round. Click here for clip

And so I don’t get nauseating with mushy lovy-dovy "little bunny froo-froo" stuff, I’ll just link one of our first ‘songs’ that pretty much sums up our beginning as we stood in line for the rollercoaster
It is Titled “One Slip” but also contains the album title “Momentary Lapse of Reason. As far as I’m concerned, that’s what the song is called. And Pink Floyd isn't known for their love songs. However, this one knocks it out of the park.

Momentary Lapse of Reason is a great underrated Pink Floyd album, by the way! Check it out. However, it's nighty night and way passed my bedtime. Some Pink Floyd from "Division Bell" is actually waiting for me on my iPod and headphones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment