Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Muggle's Young Women's Circle Motif

This is my latest LDS Specific Circle Motif. It is the Young Women's Program Theme, Colors, Motto and Logo. For details, click here.

I didn't expect such a positive response so quickly to this particular motif, but I already have at least two people that want to buy a print of it!  I admit I've been feeling frustrated with the prospect of supplementing funds with selling art. There are many positive comments and interest, but anyone actually purchasing the artwork is few and far between.


I've also been told I should try to get my LDS-specific artwork into Deseret Book - a company that sells LDS products. I'll probably attempt to, but I already know the answer: Yeah, right!
 

And I do not come to that conclusion because I'm being negative or downtrodden. I'm not acting like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh: "No point in trying...they're not going to want me anyway..." (<---you have to read that sentence in an Eeyore voice)



I come to that conclusion because of the reality of the situation. 

See, I view something like Deseret Book as Hogwarts, and I'm a muggle. I do not have the powers or the ability to learn the powers that are needed to get into Hogwarts, I mean, Deseret Book.  You're either a wizard/witch or you're not.  I'm not. I'm a muggle. I hope I'm a cool muggle and nothing like Harry's aunt and uncle. 

But though I'm cool, I'm still I am just a muggle at the train station not even having the ability to board a train bound for Hogwarts. I mean, Deseret Book. I can access Platform 9 and Platform 10. Platform 9 3/4 does not exist for Muggles.

(By the way, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you're clearly not familiar with the Harry Potter series.)


Anyway, but I will attempt to send samples to Deseret Book. That way I can say I attempted it.  However, I'll have to find a beautiful white snowy owl to deliver my samples, though. Using the regular mail system screams of "muggle".

In the meantime, if you're interested in my work and/or would like to obtain any prints, please go to my Facebook page: Circle Motifs by Jill Henrichsen. I believe I can also be emailed through Blogger.


No comments:

Post a Comment