Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome, 2011!

The last few days have been great. We had 3 days in the row that never left the 40s. That is UNHEARD OF around here and I wonder if it'll happen again during my lifetime. As I've mentioned before, I am definitely more wired for cooler temperatures - not Midwest arctic winters, but winters that would be in the 30s or 40s. Again, if I could move to Oregon, it would be ideal. That would also yield more humane summers!

I have been going a little stir-crazy. Alexander hasn't been completely couped up (hence, we went to Wickenburg on 12/29), but time outside the house has been very limited. Some of that can be attributed to cooler temperatures and it is Flu/RSV season. Also, when he gets hungry, he gets hungry. As one of the nurses said in the hospital: He's very serious about his food. Therefore, it's a little difficult to stop and try to nurse him if we're out and about. That part will get easier, I hope.

I must admit, I am a little sad that December is over. Not only do I usually feel a little letdown after Christmas, but with Alexander's arrival, the end of December and the start of a new year already tells me that time in marching on. I always have a problem with my babies growing up. It seems to happen too fast. Alexander is already 11 days old. I know, I'm being a little irrational about time marching on. However, the feelings are very real.

These were taken a few days before the New Year. About 12/29 or 12/30:



New Year's Eve - We are quite the partiers, huh?

Another shot with big sister Mikelle. She adores her little brother. She even thanked me for having him!
I guess I didn't take any New Year's Day pictures, but here are some from today, 1/02/11.

Bathtime!


Post-bath! His hair is so cute and fluffy from being washed!

Christian just loves his little brother. In fact, yesterday when Daddy, Grammy and Mikelle and Christian were going to see Megamind, Christian didn't want to go - he wanted to stay home with the baby. We talked him into going. And tonight, at bedtime, Christian kissed the baby and said, "I love you, little brother."

Grammy with Alexander - her seventh grandchild. It's been nice having her here!


No comments:

Post a Comment