Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Day of Spring


But Spring around here is basically the Summer Intro. 

So moving on...

The Sugar Show is less than 2 weeks away. Actually, it's only 9 days away. ACK! I'll be ready, but it's feeling really close.

I didn't want to trump Christian's birthday with these little additions.  

First of all, this was a custom order that I completed a while ago, but it was a present for a 12-year old girl whose birthday was yesterday. I didn't want to post it until her birthday had come and gone. 

Personal Details have been obscured for Privacy Reasons

The story behind this one below is sometime between July 2012 and the end of 2012 I drew this on a small notebook page. It was a cheap 5x7 flip notebook from Staples and each page has that purple border. I filled it in. I ran across the drawing and figured it would make a cute postcard design.  The postcard is small, less than 4x6 in. I'm selling it for $3 and no shipping/postage charge for domestic orders.  I'll even throw it in for free with other orders.

It's Vertical when I uploaded it. Why it flipped it, I don't know. Technology.....

And then there's my Collage experiments...I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I hope to have 3 or 4 for the Sugar Show. So far I'm on 1 1/2...

Preview of the completed one...


I use pieces of some of my own doodles as part of the collage. In this case, her skirt and some of the blue border.  And I love using maps for artwork! It all comes full circle considering I wanted a Double major with Geography, but had to settle for a Geography minor.

Next collages will feature Owls,  Moons and some fun Flower tricks! At least that's the plan for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment