Saturday, March 31, 2012

6th Grade List

It's the last day of March, so why not celebrate that by  covering some things from February that were neglected? lol

Back in February, one of the assignments in Mikelle's 6th Grade Language Arts class was to write something nice about EVERYONE in class. The comments were then compiled together on a typed list for each student.

I think this is a FABULOUS idea. The middle school years are so tough. This is a good activity! I know the middle school years are tough for everyone, but so far, it looks like Mikelle isn't suffering as much as I did. I'm relieved for that! I know I said that in another recent post, but it bears repeating. I'm crossing my fingers that her journey through the time period, while arduous, won't turn disastrous. 

I asked her if she had trouble coming up with some nice things to say about some of the classmates.  She immediately said, "Yes!" I asked her what she came up with. She said she couldn't remember on a couple of them, but then said, "Well, with this one kid, I said his last name sounds really cool." I don't know what it is. Maybe it's something like Amador or Lancaster.  I'm glad she was able to come up with something.

I had to laugh at some of the comments. In my mind I would think, "Are they talking about My Mikelle?" (especially with the third one)

But then when I saw some other comments, I knew for a fact that they were, in fact, talking about my Mikelle!  I also laughed at "I think it's awesome how you always have no fear" 

Again, this type of activity should be required in all classes! Especially at the Middle School level! 

This is one of the Spring pictures. She forgot about them and she never told me about it when the envelope was sent home, so she ended up wearing pink. She says she hates pink, but I think she *wants* to hate pink. It's kind of like some of us want to hate certain music, but when we're alone in our car and one of those songs come up, we close the windows and crank it up. I wouldn't know anything about that though. 

She doesn't like these pictures, but I plan on getting at least one sheet. She seems to think she is in charge. "Mom! I said I don't want those pictures!" Uh, yeah, but I do. The fact that your birth involved vacuum and forceps is just one of many reasons why my say trumps yours!
 
And does anyone see the problem with this one (below)? It has nothing to do with Mikelle.


I know I'm a history and geography nerd, but if you're going to highlight Arizona's centennial, don't have a picture with a beach background.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment